Friday, March 9, 2012

Language -- Introduction

I mention in the "About Me" of this blog that I am a student of language and literature, and both of these grew out of (and eventually back into) writing.

The languages, specifically, are English, French, and Chinese. I will talk about all three in this topic, and occasionally others that I have less knowledge about, though equal interest. My fascination with language tends to be detail-oriented, but I can get carried away into its broad vistas as well (the first and second posts of this topic will likely show these two tendencies). Language also tends to intersect with most everything, so a wide array of posts could find themselves here, but I will try to restrict myself to those that are most linguistically focused.

(more here later)

No comments:

Post a Comment